- (415) 339-5810
British Stone in the Bay Area
CoorItalia is very proud of representing Burlington Stone in San Francisco. This company has 170 years of history and thousands of projects around the world, nevertheless, you would be surprised to learn that many of them are located in the San Francisco Bay area.
As explained in this blog entry, the majority of these stones are metamorphic rather than sedimentary in origin. This makes them extremely dense, with low water absorption and therefore ideal for external uses were weathering and color fading are a concern.
The list of projects is impressive.There is nothing like seeing how their stones performs after years in the field.
- 221 MAIN STREET, SAN FRANCISCO – 2000 – Elterwater paving treads and risersAddress: 221 MAIN STREETArchitect(s): M BRUCE OTTOLINI & DOUGLAS A BOOTH, ARCHITECTS, SAN FRANCISCO
- CHARLES SCHWAB, SAN FRANCISCO – 1997 – Brandy Crag flooring and Kirkby base/Kirkby and Elterwater pavingAddress: SCHWAB PLAZA, 211 MAIN STREETArchitect(s): OTTOLINI/BOOTH ARCHITECTS, SAN FRANCISCO + NANCY MCKAY DESIGN, OAKLAND
- COMPUTER SCIENCE BUILDING (UC BERKELEY) – 1992 – Broughton Moor exterior cladding/sills and copingsAddress: CORNER OF RIDGE AND LEROY AVENUEArchitect(s): ANSHEN + ALLEN, SAN FRANCISCO + BARNES AND CAVAGNERO, SAN FRANCISCO + EDWARD LARRABEE BARNES, NEW YORK
- ELIHU HARRIS STATE OFFICE BUILDING, OAKLAND – 1998 – Kirkby FlooringAddress: 1515 CLAY STREETArchitect(s): DMJM KEATING, LOS ANGELES
- FOUNDRY SQUARE, SAN FRANCISCO – 2001 – Broughton Moor flooring and paving/Elterwater flooringAddress: 405 HOWARD STREETArchitect(s): STUDIOS ARCHITECTURE, SAN FRANCISCO
- GAP HEADQUARTERS, SAN BRUNO – 1994 -Broughton Moor flooring and paving/Elterwater flooringAddress: 900 CHERRY AVENUEArchitect(s): ROBERT FREAR ARCHITECTS, GENSLER AND ASSOCIATES, SAN FRANCISCO
- GENENTECH RESEARCH CENTER, SO SAN FRANCISCO – 1992- Broughton Moor and Kirkby pavingAddress: 390 POINT SAN BRUNO BLVD, BUILDINGS 10, 11 AND 12Architect(s): SRG PARTNERSHIP, PC, PORTLAND
- LAKE MERRITT TOWERS, OAKLAND – 1990 – Kirkby claddingAddress: 155 GRAND AVENUEArchitect(s): SKIDMORE OWINGS AND MERRILL, SAN FRANCISCO
- LEVI PLAZA, SAN FRANCISCO – 2003 – Kirkby flooringAddress: 1160 BATTERY STREETArchitect(s): HOK, SAN FRANCISCO
- SIEBEL SYSTEMS BRIDGEPOINTE T1 BUILDING 1, SAN MATEO – 2000 – Broughton Moor flooringAddress: 2215 BRIDGEPOINTE PARKWAYArchitect(s): IA INTERIOR ARCHITECTS, INC, SAN FRANCISCO
- THE DAVID AND LUCILE PACKARD FOUNDATION, LOS ALTOS – 1997 -Broughton Moor flooringAddress: LOS ALTOS GATEWAY BUILDING, 496 FIRST STREETArchitect(s): SIMON MARTIN-VEGUE WINKELSTEIN MORIS, SAN FRANCISCO
- THE MUSEUM OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA, SAN FRANCISCO – 2005 – Bursting Stone flooringAddress: 685 MISSION STREETArchitect(s): THE FREELON GROUP, DURHAM
- THE SAN FRANCISCO MAIN LIBRARY, SAN FRANCISCO – 1995 – Elterwater counter topsAddress: 100 LARKIN STREETArchitect(s): PEI COBB FREED, NEW YORK + SMWVM, SAN FRANCISCO
- THE URBAN SCHOOL OF SAN FRANCISCO, SAN FRANCISCO – 2005 – Broughton Moor CladAddress: 1563 PAGE STREETArchitect(s): SMWM, SAN FRANCISCO
- WILSON SONSINI GOODRICH & ROSATI, PALO ALTO – 1994 – Elterwater, Broughton Moor and Bursting Stone flooringAddress: 650 PAGE MILL ROADArchitect(s): STUDIOS ARCHITECTURE, SAN FRANCISCO